Mino-Bimaadizidaa provides an understanding and awareness of how self-identity (self -concept, self-image and self-esteem) influence our life choices. The program provides life skills, cultural awareness and alternative ways to live a healthy lifestyle as well as to cope and adapt with life stressors.
“My perspective on life has changed. Before this course I had nothing to do and felt like I couldn’t move forward.”
- Enhance and develop self-identity and problem solving behaviors
- Develop new attitudes about their self-worth and self-concept
- Increase communication skills
- Express strengths and needs
- Develop confidence to dream and state goals
- Open doors to new opportunities
“This program got me completely outta my depression and self-hating attitude!”
Mino-Bimaadizidaa consists of four cycles of personal development, each cycle addresses a key question.
- Seven Grandfather Teachings (8wks)
- Who Am I (10wks)
- Cultural Awareness, Self-Development, Self-Esteem and Money (Zhooniyaa) Basics.
- Self-Care (12wks)
- Community Tellers, Presentation of Self, Spirit of Parenting, Financial Management and Healthy Eating.
- Anishnaabemowin (Native Language) & Anishnawbe History (10wks)
- Language, Pre-contact, consequences of the contact and post contact consequences.
- Anishnaabemowin (Native Language) & Understanding Personal Issues (10wks)
- Language, Grief, Emotional Management and “From Chaos to Harmony”.
- Anishnaabemowin (Native Language) & Addressing Addictions (10wks)
- Language and the Healing Spirit I Am.
- Education and Work Placement
- Education, Work Experience and Job Maintenance Skills
- Education, Work Experiences and Job Search Skills
Follow up with endless opportunities:
- Treatment Program
- Upgrading, Secondary and Post-Secondary Education
- Job Skills Training
- Employment or Self Employment
“Together we can move forward and live well!”
Mino-Bimaadizidaa teachings have been shared with our member First Nations since 2011 with an awarding 80% success rate!