Niigaaniin Support Programs
The Niigaaniin program was established to meet the needs of first nations clients while following the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services "Ontario Works" program guidelines.
Our program's focus is to provide clients with the support they need to ready themselves for employment.
The Niigaaniin program administers three social service programs:
1. Financial Support that covers:
- Basic Needs: such as food and clothing for yourself, partner, and any dependents you may have.
- Shelter: (based on the size of your family) this includes rent, heat, hydro, gas, water, sewage, and house insurance.
2. Employment Assistance (Client Support):
- Our goal is to help people on social assistance find the best route to employment and financial independence.
- Employment Assistance Activities help our clients become job ready.
3. Addictions Services Initiative (ASI):
The Addictions Services Initiative (ASI) program provides financial assistance, active measures and addiction services to Niigaaniin clients whose employment potential may be impeded by substance abuse problems.