Shpiming Nikeyaa Zhaawag (SNZ)
The Shpiming Nikeyaa Zhaawag (SNZ) is an initiative of the Niigaaniin Program.
The SNZ program provides financial assistance, active measures and addiction services to Niigaaniin participants whose employment potential may be impeded by a substance abuse problem.
The SNZ program is for you if:
- you are a Niigaaniin client.
- you are concerned about the effect addiction is having on your life and the lives of members of your family, and you want assistance to stop.
- you are concerned about the effect your substance abuse is having on your ability to find or keep adequate employment.
- you are already involved in an addiction treatment program but need support while determining when to resume employment.
How can the SNZ program help?
The SNZ Program enables participants to:
- work towards a goal of abstinence from all mood altering substances.
- understand the nature of your addiction, and learn tools to help you achieve a lasting recovery. This is especially important for people with addiction in the family.
- identify blocks to recovery in a supportive environment.
- understand what needs to be changed, and make an achievable plan of action.
- learn new and effective ways to change behaviour.
How does the program work?
You will be transferred to an Shpiming Nikeyaa Zhaawag Case Worker within Niigaaniin who have specialized training in addictions, and a small enough caseload to be able to provide you with effective case management and support.
Your treatment will be assessed according to your needs. Your SNZ case worker, will meet with you regularly, and when you both agree that the time seems appropriate, you will have the opportunity to access either or both non-residential or residential services for yourself and for family members with addiction.
Call the Niigaaniin office and inform your case worker that you are interested in the SNZ program. Your case worker will then contact you with more details.
If it is recommended or you decide that you want to apply, you will be asked to call your Niigaaniin Case Worker to set up an appointment with an SNZ case worker for an initial assessment, prior to admission to the SNZProgram.
Please note that the Niigaaniin Shpiming Nikeyaa Zhaawag is only suitable for persons wanting to work on a goal of abstinence who are prepared to attend sessions regularly and meet the program requirements.
If, at any time, you become unable or unwilling to meet attendance requirements, you will be transferred back to your previous worker where you will continue to receive financial support while you revise your plans.
The Niigaaniin Program is here to help YOU reach your employment goals and become financially independent.